Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Mutual attraction, anything else is creepy

           I just realized that we don't necessarily feel kilig for every man who hits on us.  Sure it could be flattering, but even being flattered isn't a guaranty.

           I remember getting my first (omigosh) bouquet of flowers  The delivery man came into my cubicle and handed me the flowers, and my heart skipped two beats.  I then opened the envelope and read through the short but sweet message and then jumped to the bottom of the note, hoping to see my crush's name....and I shivered violently.  But not in a good way. Alas, it was from someone who I heavily suspect was gay and trying to use me as a gay beard...plus he definitely ain't my type, physically speaking. I hated the fact that everyone in the department saw the gorgeous flowers being delivered to me.  And also hated the fact that none of the first bouquet of flowers I received will be preserved between the pages of a book because I'll definitely throw them all once they wilted out.  I just couldn't make myself keep even a single petal...brrr.
        
            Sweet gestures are just sweeter when they come from someone who you like, otherwise it's irritating, or eww, or creepy.   The creepiness factor is also directly proportional to the grandeur of the gesture (think being harana-ed in front of your house with your parents inside with you by a guy who's really not your type, to say the least).  I'm just being real.  I'm pretty sure a lot of you will agree.
  
           So maybe an advice to guys trying to court girls, hold off for a while until she gives a hint of attraction before making the most romantic gestures in an attempt to sweep her off her feet...you might just be turning her stomach and making yourself the star of the next anecdote she'll share with her girlfriends.


No comments:

Post a Comment