Search This Blog

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Twennie- ten

Another year is bidding its adieu and how else does it make me feel but nostalgic?  Flashbacks of what happened this past year keep popping up my mind lately, making me smile and snigger at the oddest times (think FX ride with complete strangers), and sometimes making me grit my teeth, choke up, or cringe and blush. 

Funny because after all the many, and boy, do I mean MANY, things that happened, I felt as though I floated through it all.  Like I was half-dreaming through the year and everything was hazy like the aftereffects of drinking too much Greygoose .  Maybe because there were just too many things that happened in such a short amount of time which left me no room to think and just react with my great, infallible instincts so I was not able to fully engage my brain.

There were firsts, second chances, endings, and beginnings this year.   There were good news, and there were bad news.  There were inspirations and heart-aches.  There were great ideas and there were stupid mistakes.

This year was very good to my career.  After being left at a hopeless crossroad, the Lord seemed to have lit up a path in neon lights (seriously, getting a call hours after deciding to give a career shift a try and clicking “send”? ).  This year I’ve rediscovered my passion for learning tickling the nerdox in me pink.   I’ve been given an opportunity to train abroad and learn so much.  And not only that, I’ve been given the opportunity to share the knowledge as well.

This year has also been very good to my social life.  I’ve reconnected with my old, fantabulous friends and made new, exciting ones.  This year, for the first time in my 26 and a half years, I’ve had fully booked LONG weekends, and a Monday night gimik which is just unheard of and too crazy for me before.  Yes, I am I used to be  I am pathetic-but-in-a-cute-way, right?

This year witnessed my family becoming more closely knit.  We were able to spend a lot of time together, more than in the past couple of years.  Imagine the joy of being able to spend Christmas together after so long.

2010 has been kinder to my health.  I think. Flomp flomp flomp.  Oh that was my body fat begging to disagree.

Well as for my lovelife, which I know you all (yes, all 3 of you) are itching to hear about, has unfortunately not been as blessed as the other aspects of my life, but I couldn’t have wished for more (in truth,yes, I could).  It’s not every year that I get a guy’s number without so much as lifting a finger (I didn’t call though. Too chicken). And this year has taught me a lot about the so-called “romance” and “dating” and “flirting” which I intend to put to good use in the fast- approaching new year.

I end this post with a note to 2011:  I promise you, I’ll make you my best year yet.  You shall be LEGEN…wait for it…DARY!

6 comments:

  1. awwww tarajing! Happy New Year! I claim that 2011 will be a great year for our love life! Cheers to that! :*

    ReplyDelete
  2. more greygoose and a happier love life to come. 2011 will be freakin awesome! i can just feel it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy new year dear friends! muah muah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this one makes me think of how my 2010 was...nice to meet you tara...and im looking forward for our night outs...pak!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicely written! Hope you all the best for 2011 in God's hands.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi, tita! didn't know you read this :) thanks. Amen.

    ReplyDelete